Friday 15 March 2013

Sweater Skirt

While I was off for March break with the kids, I had a couple sewing goals.

I gave myself goals in groups of threes: I wanted to have 3 sewing projects completed/started - a sweater skirt, and 2 ruffle skirts. Well I still need to buy elastic thread, so the ruffle skirts were put on hold, but I started cutting/getting them ready? And I wanted to have 3 blog posts completed by the end of the week, so that I can feel like I am getting stuff done! 

I did, however, finish my sweater skirt!

First, I took an old sweater shirt that I was no longer wearing, and folded it in half where I wanted the top of the skirt to be. 
(I didn't take a picture of every step, since I didn't think it was necessary)

Next, I used an elastic from an old pair of boxer shorts, and threaded it through with a safety pin, sewed the ends together, then sewed the opening closed.

This is seriously the easiest thing in the world! Try it! Or bring me your old sweater and I will turn it into a skirt that you will love wearing with leggings!

I think I will need to do something fun with the top... any ideas? 
I'm considering making it into a skirt for Abby.. or a bolero? 
 Whatever it ends up being, there will be a post about it!

{Daily Odd Compliment: People are going to say you're weird. And that's okay. Because weird people make life interesting, and those other people probably suck.}  

No comments:

Post a Comment