Sunday 26 August 2012

Big Girl Room

I finally did it! I cleaned and cleared out Abby's room!

I have spent 4 years trying to figure out how to best keep things under control and I think I am getting closer. Here's a rundown of what I did...

First, I purged!

Then, I moved her furniture around, and cleaned the floors and baseboards.

 
 
Her room isn't very big, so lastly, I tried to hang as much as possible. I made a few crafts to incorporate her useful items and have them at her reach.
 
I put her clothes in bins, with labels...
 
      
I separated her most played with items - dolls and their accessories into one drawer, and all her barbie stuff in the other drawer...
 
I made her a shelf, using an old cabinet door, and I glued a Princess gift bag to the top of it. I also made her a jewelry hanger, using the other cabinet door and a couple drawer pulls (I left the original door pull on there since it's useful)...
 
 
 
 
 At the entrance of her room (top) I hung a shelf that my mom painted with Winnie the Pooh to hold her valuables that I don't want her playing with. I also made her a headband holder (middle) for which I drew inspiration from here. Then I used a picture hanger to hang an old closet organiser that was just sitting in my closet, for her belts (bottom).
 
Overall, I am pretty proud of my accomplishments.
 
Next up, The Professor's room! Do you have a room that you are neglecting out of frustration?   

 
{Daily Odd Compliment: You're the prettiest thing I've seen today. And I was looking at, like, a bunch of sunset pictures this morning, so...)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment