Monday 27 August 2012

Big Girl Room Part 2

I thought I should write a post about a few of Abby's bedroom amenities, enjoy! 
 
My personal favourite is the headband holder, for which my inspiration was drawn from Jessica at Sunny Tuesday.

 
I love how easy it was for me to make! In hindsight, I should have measured the area between the buttons because I made a few spaces too tight for some of Abby's headbands. However, I was able to put some hair clips in those spaces.
 
 
My next coolest project I stole from Laura at Come Together Kids.
 
Instead of using a beanbag chair cover, to make a seat out of stuffed animals, I used a Princess sheet that wasn't being loved. I folded the sheet into 3 and measured the length to make it even.
 
How could I actually think I can do work without the help of the dog?
 
This is what the seat looks like once it is sewn. Since I realised it was waaay too big, I cut a section off after it was sewn to make a pillow, where all the doll blankets are kept (when I have a more time, I will sew the opening shut a little more).  
 
 
I think she likes it! Success!  
 
Another neat thing Abby and I made together is her jewelry organiser. I have seen some that are much fancier, but I wanted to make her something personalised, simple, and of course, awesome.
I glued one of Abby's pictures, as well as a few bows I cut out of a colouring book, and some stickers. I used my favourite craft supply - Mod Podge
 
To finish it off, I screwed in some picture hooks and attached a ribbon to it.
 
 
And, every room needs some art. This was another collaborative project that my sister and I made.
We took some of Abby's artwork and cut it to fit the 5x7 frames. Then, I laid out the puzzle pieces to get an idea of how I wanted them. I used double sided foam tape to affix the pieces to the glass. You can't really see it in this picture, but the puzzle pieces stick out a little, which I like.
 
All in all, I had a lot of fun putting this room together for Abby, and she is actually trying to keep it clean! Go team!
 
 
{Daily Odd Compliment: I can't live without you. I said to my computer. But I'd say the same thing to you}
 


No comments:

Post a Comment