Friday 15 March 2013

March Break

For the first time since Abby has started school, I took the week of March break off work!

Granted, there was almost more work to be done at home, but it was definitely nice to wear sweatpants and spend time with my kids! 
I also took care of a bunch of dogs and it was awesome!


Monday: We started the week off with some face painting for Abby, and then we (Abby, Xavier, Grandma and Aunt Vanessa) all watched a Little Ray's Reptiles presentation. 

Both of which were free! Yay!

Tuesday: It was a pretty quiet day! My mom was wonderful and kept the kids overnight Monday, so I took all 4 dogs to the dog park, and then went up to the woods with Draco, Felix and my sister-in-law and her puppy. Abby requested we take another walk, once The Professor woke up. She walked Draco, and I love seeing people's face when they see a 6 year old girl walking an enormous dog - priceless.

Wednesday: We went hiking with my mom, and even though it was a little below freezing, it was a very nice morning walk!


Thursday: We started the day off with a visit to some friends, had some lunch, then took care of 2 more puppies! 

Friday: I started the day off with another walk and Abby went skiing with Jay!
I also completed my sweater skirt, and made some pretty good progress on Jay's ripped shirt that I am turning into a dress! Of course, now my sewing machine is being funny, and I have googled it and will reattempt fixing it in the morning!
Time to work on Mel's skirt! Here's a little preview of my work so far...

There are a few more projects I want to get done before April, so I better get on it!
March break was a blast!

 * Thank you to all those who let me take care of their puppies! *

{Daily Odd Compliment: I'm so glad I know you because this year would have sucked a lot more if you weren't around.}

No comments:

Post a Comment