Saturday 25 July 2015

Good Draco Von Jody

Recently, I had the unfortunate task of saying good-bye to our dog.


Draco, the giant schnauzer, was a great dog. Unfortunately, he had hip issues for as long as we had him. Near the end of his life, I tried a few different things to help the pain, but nothing seemed to make him comfortable enough to be happy. 


Having a dog is a wonderful thing. This dog wasn't living life to the fullest, so it wasn't fair to keep him around for my own sake. 


Near the end of his life, I made sure he saw as many of his dog and human friends as possible, gave him lots of treats (including a people breakfast as his last meal), and brought him to the park and water as often as his pain would allow me to. 






This is the first time since I had to say good-bye that I have thought about him for so long without crying. The pain has subsided significantly, and though he could never be replaced, I now feel I would be ready to accept another dog into my home. 

Draco had a good home here, and he is missed. Thank you, Draco, for all the love you brought to our lives.  

I would also like to thank The Kemptville Animal Hospital. Their staff are absolutely amazing and helped make this difficult time go as smoothly as possible. They are knowledgable, kind, and patient! I highly recommend them! Plus, they have photo albums on Facebook of their patients! Adorable! 

{Daily Odd Compliment: You're like mathematics. A little difficult at times, but worth getting to know}

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss of Draco.
    We've been there done that more times than you want to know about :-(

    Sorry if this is a duplicate message. Not sure I did it right the first time.

    ReplyDelete